I don't know about you, but as for me, I'm a sucker for red velvet, and what better day to celebrate with not only a red colored goodie but a heart shaped one as well, than valentines day. Here's a yummy receipe for those of you who like me, like giving every holiday its well deserved treat.
Philippe's Red Velvet Cake
4 oz Butter
1 1/2 cups Sugar
2 large Eggs
1 tablespoons Red coloring
1 teaspoon White vinegar
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 cup Butter milk
2 1/4 cups Cake flour
2 tablespoons Coco powder
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Red Velvet Filling and Frosting
1 lb 8 oz Cream cheese
1/4 cup Melted butter
5 oz Powdered sugar
1 tablespoon Orange juice
1/2 tablespoon Vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixer cream together the butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs, coloring, vinegar, and vanilla
4. Sift flour, coco powder, baking powder, and baking soda
5. Put 1/3 of the flour mixture into the eggs and butter
6. Add 1/2 the butter milk
7. Repeat step five
8. Poor in the rest of the buttermilk
9. Put in the rest of the dry ingredients
10. Place cake batter into greased cake pan and bake for 40-50 min or until a cake tester comes out clean
1. Place cheese & sugar in a mixer with the paddle
2. Add orange juice and vanilla
3. Add the butter
4. Mix until smooth
Now, put it all together!
1. Cool the cake completely and slice making a total of 3 layers
2. Place cream in-between layers, leaving some cream to ice the cake with
3. Chill and serve
Now, go surprise someone special, or what the hell, give yourself a happy valentines day.